Followers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Visit - Dairy Cow

        Last Saturday, my mom, my husband and I went to the Alifah's Farm in Kluang. We intended to look at the cow we purchased but unfortunately, our dairy cow are still quarantine. The farm workers pick us up at the front gate and drove for approximately 2.3km before we reach the farm. The farm can hold up to 2,000 dairy cows but currently, they only have 500 cows and still looking for people who are interested to invest.

The cows are imported from Melbourne, Australia and a cross-breed of Fresian and Jersey.

 Fresian cattle



Jersey cattle



Fresian produces more milk than Jersey cattle, but Jersey is easier to calve since it has lower rate of dystocia (abnormal or difficult childbirth) which gives the cattle extra points and famous to be crossbreed.

We went around for a few hours, snapping pictures with my mobile phone.

The cow is "bathe" before entering the "milk collector" hall.


Calf


Good "Daddy" milking the calf. The milk is taken from its mother.


My turn. Whew, its hard.


A calf which was born last 12 hours. It started to walk slowly.


The "Milk Collector" Machine. They spray antiseptic and clean the milk area.
(Its interesting to see the cow really know their position when queuing...hehe...)


I will continue next time since my head suddenly felt spinning around (you guess why).

Hope you enjoy reading my blog.






Happy moments dictated
Saturday, 1st May 2010
2.00-5.00p.m,
Kluang, Johor


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©